POSTED September 22, 2020
Full-time position. Paid vacation, sick time and holidays, health, dental, vision insurance, and 401K.
Venture Trailers has been a leading manufacturer of boat trailers since 1988, delivering quality products and meeting customer expectations across the eastern and mid-western states. From powerboat trailers to watercraft trailers, and even pontoon trailers, we live up to our tag line – “We take the world boating.”
We are looking for an experienced engineer to join our staff that will continue to put more of the design focus internally instead of through our vendor network. This individual will help us maintain and improve our engineering program from the first day of hire.
- Create assembly drawings of component items and trailer drawings.
- Design, develop and test NEW parts while considering the strengths and weaknesses of steel/aluminum points in their design function.
- Manage engineering projects of new parts with vendors.
- Create Engineering Change Orders and Bill of Materials.
- Write work instructions and setup workstations for new assemblies and processes on the production floor.
- Improve existing manufacturing processes through time studies, workstation modifications etc.
- Design and build custom jigs and tools to aid assembly processes.
- Work with customers on trailer designs to accommodate specific boat fits.
- Provide technical guidance to production operations.
- CAD drafting experience
- B.S. degree in Mechanical Engineering
- A.S. degree considered with equivalent experience in a manufacturing environment
- 3-5 years of work experience
- MS Office Suite/Solidworks experience
- Self –motivated and able to work both independently and in conjunction with a team
- Strong ability to read and comprehend drawings and technical specifications
- Excellent attention to detail as well as problem solving skills
- Must pass drug test and background check
- Must be able to lift up to 50lbs.
- Must be capable of being hands-on in the manufacturing process and doing physical labor
*Hired candidate will spend several weeks building trailers and component parts to understand the trailer assembly process and individual part functions.
If you are having trouble attaching your resume or have questions about the position please email firstname.lastname@example.org